Rustic supports Local!From the floors up...
From the initial renovations in the restaurant to our continuing relationships with our suppliers; Rustic supports local business in Medicine Hat and surrounding area. Why buy lamb from New Zealand when we can find a better quality product from Ewenique Farms right here in Southern Alberta? The pork we use is the Berkshire breed and is free range. Happy pigs taste better, thanks to Allan from Broek Pork Acres south of Taber. We believe that Canada is rich with wonderful resources and we believe in using these products because they taste better!
When creating the interior design for what was once Tumbleweeds Restaurant, owners Chris and Sandee looked for inspiration from their own backyard. Everything in the restaurant from the signature cork wall and flooring from Bamboo Innovations to the stone fireplace from Moritz Masonry and Porter's Mortar was sourced and installed here in Medicine Hat. We believe in spending our money where we make our money.
Here are links to some of our great local suppliers!
- Noble Meadows - Feta, Goat cheese
- Sweet Pure Honey - Honey, BBQ sauce, Mustard vinaigrette
- Vital Green Farms - Cheese
- Sylvan Star Cheese - Cheese
- Redcliff Cooperative Green house - vegetables (cucumbers and tomatoes)
- Ewenique Farms - Lamb
- Deerview Meats - BBQ Deer and Pork Sausage
- Redcliff Bakery - Bread products
- Broek Pork Acres - Pork with a difference!
- North Fork Elk